Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back to Reality!

Hello to all my quilting friends.  Sorry that I haven't been on the blog for awhile, but as you know, I was out of the country visiting with our family in Chile.  We had a wonderful trip, enjoyed so many fun times with family, visited 3 vineyards and tasted lots of nice wines!  I also had a chance to do a "quilting 101" demo for 2 of my sisters-in-law and one of their friends.  Although my Spanish is limited as is their English, we did quite well and if we hit a snag, my husband was in the next room to translate.

My sister-in-law, Monica enjoyed her new quilt (my second Finally Finished Object) which is on a single bed in her new apartment.  While I didn't get any quilting done, I did get a lot of inspiration from things that I saw from the rows of grapvines and grapes in the vineyards, to the carvings on a stone arch of the Mapuche people of Chile to the hyroglifics of the Rapa Nui that lived on Easter Island, and handwork of these groups.  I am including photos of some of these things for everyone to enjoy.

Finally,  the first third of the yearlong challenge is coming to a close.  At the Guild meeting on the18th we will have our first drawing for those members that joined the challenge and have finished a UFO. I have included a couple of photos of FFO's that Floy H shared with me. If this applies to any member reading this blog and you have not already informed me of your UFO, be sure to do it before the meeting starts so that you can be included. 

By the time the next installment of the blog is up, I plan to be able to share which UFO  is the next target on my list.   Happy quilting!....Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment