Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 1

Hi Friends,  just wanted to update you on my progress on finishing my UFO's.  Have to be honest and say that I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but I did get something done.  The first thing I did was to decide on the top projects that I want to finish.  These include:  placemats and napkins, 2 quilt tops to get on the quilting machine so that they can be finished, a snowman wall hanging, and finish 2 quilt tops that are in varying stages of completion....(these are coming to Bethelwood with me next month).  What I did get done was to make the binding for the 6 placemats and get it stitched to two of the six.  I am getting these ready for an upcoming road-trip so that I can stitch them down then.

My strategy for the UFO's is to start with a smaller project that can be finished in farily short order.  I figure that this will give me extra incentive to work on the next project, etc.  I am hoping that this works and will keep you posted on that.

Also,  I am working to finish a table square from Barb's "working with striped fabric" class last week.  I want it to be a NewFO (Newly Finished Object) rather than an addition to my UFO pile.  My goal for this piece is the Feb. Guild meeting or sooner.

Guess that is it for this week....let me know if your UFO's are moving towards the NewFO category!

No comments:

Post a Comment