Friday, July 29, 2011

Off to the Mountains

Hi Firends,  I am going to get a short post up before leaving for the mountains for a short stay.  I am packed with both quilting and knitting projects.  Unfortunately, the UFO I am working on is a bit to bulky for the trip so I have packed a quilt with binding to finish and some handsewing as well as some beautiful new yarn.  I don't know how much time I will have, but at least I should get some things done.  My handquilting is coming along.  I almost have one of 4 sides done.  Only one circle of feathers to go on this side.  I am trying to work on it a little each day, and while I don't always make that goal, I do get to it most days.  I have learned to just keep at it and not to beat myself up when I don't make the daily goal.  It has helped me to stay focused and less discouraged.
Today I received a photo of a lovely wallhanging that Penny finished for the challenge ( see photo).   I am pleased that so many folks are participating and finishing things.  I even had someone sign up at our last meeting...it is never to late to start finishing things.
I know that it is hot and that quilting is sometimes not optimal in hot weather, but keep at it.  Until next time, Keep quilting...Best,  Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment