Friday, September 2, 2011

Oops! I missed August!

Hi Quilting friends,
  Sorry I have been a blogging slacker, but the heat of the summer and travels conspired against me for blogging.  I have however, been working on some UFO's as have many of the folks in the guild.  At the end of August we held our second drawing in the Finally Finished Challenge....Floy, Anne and Joyce walked away the winners.  The next drawing is at the November meeting so keep working on those UFO's and who knows, you may not only win a prize, but perhaps what you make will become a perfect Christmas gift!

  I am excited today because I have almost finished machine quilting one of my UFO's.  It will probably be a couple of hours more, but since I started this particular quilt at least 10 years ago and finished the top at Bethelwoods 2 years ago, it will be nice to get it done...look for it in an upcoming post!  I have also finished one of the four panels on my Amish quilt.  It is looking fairly good, but I have to confess that I am not a fan of hand quilting for big projects!  As I get older, I find that I am drawn to smaller, easier  and quicker to complete projects.  After I get these projects done, I have several smaller projects to tackle, wall hanging size, and am hoping to get them done by the end of the year so I make my goal.   In addition, I have several other projects on my agenda...so wish me luck.  In the meantime.....all I can say is to keep plugging along on your UFO's.  The one I am quilting now (machine)  I spent a lot of time agonizing on finding a quilting pattern that was "just right."  I finally decided just to put it on the maching and pick something that I could get "finished" and for me, that became something that was "just right."  Sometimes, I think we get in our own way and block progress. Not everything has to be perfect....sometimes Finally Finished is perfection!

Enjoy the photos of some FFO's from Elaine and Sylvia....and keep those photos coming!  I really enjoy seeing them and sharing them.  Until next time ( and it won't be a month from now, promise)  happy quilting!  Enjoy the holiday weekend!  Vicki
 

No comments:

Post a Comment