Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 7- Time challenges

Hi Everyone, can't believe that this is week 7 already.  We continue to have a great response with another 10-12 folks signing up for the challenge at the last guild meeting.  Folks have started to finish things and we have quite a few entries for the first quarter.   I am making progress on the quilt I plan to take to Chile in a couple of weeks. I have most of the quilting done, just have to take it off the frame and turn it to do the side borders.  Will get to this once I get this post done.   Am also working on some Little Dresses for Africa that I plan to have done by Monday too so I think that I will be sewing a lot this weekend!

Last week took a short trip to Michigan to see my Mom and some other family members.  Has a great time!  While there we had a celebration for my Mom and Step-dad's 31st wedding anniversary.  It was a wonderful day with them. Also got to see my nephew's son play in a basketball game, fun time.  We stayed with my brother Terry and his wife Carol.   Carol is one of my favorite people and we always have fun together.   Carol is a nationally recognized fiber artist and is probably best known for her dolls, but she has many pieces in galleries in Michigan and has been featured in several shows. Last year, one of her dolls made it to the Houston show.  I took photographs of some of her work and in one photo you will see one of a series of mixed media torsos that she has done recently. After spending time with her, I always find myself inspired to try new things.  I hope you enjoy seeing some of her work here.

I also have a photo of a quilt that Sylvia finished on her new quilting machine!  It is beautiful and Sylvia now has a FFO (finally finished object) to be proud of!

My tip this month is to be persistent.  Keep working on project a little at a time, even if the working is just trying to figure out when you will have time to quilt.  I am also trying to re-organize my sewing room so that I am more efficient when I go in there.  It is a work in progress, but then so am I!

Until next time, hope you enjoy the photos, and keep the FFO's coming!-- Best, Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment