Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week Six- Finished Projects

After our last Guild meeting I was quite excited because even more people signed up for the Finally Finished challenge and there have been at least 6 completed projects so far!  We now have 45 people signed up for the challenge who want to finish a combined total of 173 projects....that's a lot of quilting by the end of November!  I am posting a few of the projects that were completed and displayed during Show and Tell.  Can't wait to see what projects are completed by the next meeting!

I have made some good progress on the quilt that is on my machine, although I have to admit that yesterday I spent most of my time working on taxes (Yech!).  Today I hope to get another couple of passes done.  Now that I have the bobbin situation taken care of, it is going much better!  Hopefully this will be added to  the list of completed UFO's soon.  I also have to confess that I still have some things in my sewing room to put back together after my trip to Bethelwoods..right now I am walking around the piles!

I won't get much done this week as I will be going to visit my Mom in MI for a few days.  Look forward to getting back at it in earnest next week.  Will take some hand work along in the meantime.  My tip for the week, when you are quilting, turn on some music in the background.  I find that the music helps me focus on the work at hand and when I am on my quilting machine helps me to get into a rhythm.

Until next time...keep quilting!   Best, Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment