Monday, May 2, 2011

Finally Finished Pillow Shams

Hi Quilting Friends,

This will be a short post because I am leaving tomorrow for  my Mom's 91'st birthday celebration, but before I did, I wanted to let you all know that the deadline worked again!  I was able to finish the pillow shams that match the my daughter's wedding quilt...the first of my FFO's.  These shams have been haunting me a bit because I wanted to get them finished by their 3rd wedding anniversary (May 10) and I have to mail them tomorrow before we leave.  Having a deadline works as does making a list! 

Yesterday I made a list of all of the things I needed to get done by today and this blog is about the last thing that I have to do.....it felt really good to cross things out today as I completed them.   I think when I get back, I will go through my UFO list and perhaps make a realistic list of what I can finish before December.  Maybe being able to cross things off the list will be motivating especially if I post the list in my sewing room.

I'd really like to hear from my readers if a list and/or a deadline has worked for you as motivation on your UFO's or if you have other methods that work.  In the meantime, here is a photo of the completed shams.  I will be back next week with a new post.  Until then, enjoy your quilting time.....Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Deadlines always work for me, mostly because I'm a procrastinator. I don't start til I absolutely have to, then work night and day to finish on time. I might try some deadlines with my UFOs...

    Barb

    ReplyDelete