Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 3- My first UFO is a FFO!

Hi everyone,  hope you are all on your way to a finished UFO.  I am happy to report that I finished my first UFO project last night....the placemats and napkins that I was working on while gone.  When we got back from our trip, I had one more binding to finish and the emblems to satin stitch to the napkins.  I am really happy to have this done and it is giving me a push to get on to the next project. So, I am coining a new term here  FFO (Finally Finished Object).  May there be many more in our futures!

My next project is a lap quilt that is now at least on my quilting machine.  My strategy for getting this done is to set a deadline, which will be the March guild meeting.   I can be pretty certain of the finish date because I have decided to take this quilt to my sister-in-law in Chile.   We are heading there for a wedding at the end of March and Monica (my SIL) will be our hostess while we are there.  We are hoping for a less eventful trip than last year when we arrived the day after the big earthquake...we are hoping for smooth skies and quiet terrain while there.  This trip we hope to visit some of the winerys that we missed on the earlier visit due to earthquake damage.  I also enjoy the varied terrain and the old building which are a source of inspiration to me.

Speaking of inspiration...on our trip to St. Petersburg, Fl, we had the opportunity to visit the Dali museum.  It is a new facility and houses so many interesting and inspiring works.  While some of the paintings led me to believe that Dali was seriously disturbed, they were none the less beautiful and very creative.  Even the museum was creative, many windows made up a dome shape that had such interesing curves because each of the triangles were of a slightly different size.  It was a very fitting setting to house the works of Dali.
I have added a photo of the museum to the blog post... hope that you find it inspiring!

Let me know if any of you have come up with a strategy for finishing your projects.  It would be great to share them with members of the guild!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first project completion of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just look how pretty they are...very nice!

    ReplyDelete