Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 5- Back from the woods

Hi all!  Sorry to be late with this post, but I am still trying to get myself organized from my weekend away, Quilting in the Woods at Bethelwoods.  For anyone who has never been on a quilting retreat, this is a great one to try.  It is close enough to home that if you forget something that you must have, you can get it quickly,  but it is far enough from everyday distractions to get a lot accomplished in an environment of like-minded women.   I was able to finish the quilt square I started in Barb Mosley's class, and a quilt top for a holiday quilt that I started last year (but bought and cut out about 5 years ago).  I won't post a photo of the quilt top until it is completed (it is one of my UFO's)

Other folks also showed projects that they had completed at the retreat in prior years  (see photos), shared techniques, and Theresa practiced her English paper piecing with us as well as shared some beautiful handwork that her mom had done. 

The weather was lovely and the wildlife was enjoying it as much as we did!  Now that I have come back from being inspired, I have to put my sewing room back together and put this inspiration to work on a UFO or 2.

My tip for this week is try to stay focused on the project you are working on.  I find that I have a tendency to let my mind wander to everything else that needs doing instead of my current project.  I find that if I make myself focus on the work at hand I can get more accomplished in the time I have.

Enjoy your week!  Until next time enjoy your quilting!  --- Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment